Monday, November 7, 2011

Crocheted Love is Forever

This blankie is older than I am.


When our son was born, Charlie's mum gave us the blanket his Grandmother crocheted for him as a baby. That makes this blanket more than thirty years old. It is still as beautiful as ever if not more with all the love that it has received over the years and all the cold nights it kept my husband warm and for the many more to come where my son will lie cosy inside its soft folds. So from Nanna Green, whom never got the chance to meet our baby boy, her love is still felt and she lives on.

Here is a free tutorial to crochet this exact pattern.
http://www.knitting-n-crochet.com/Crochet-ripple-afghan.html

Has anyone else got a hand-me-down they cherish?




1 comment:

  1. oh this is so heart warming... gosh isn't it wonderful the thought of a little crocheted blanket made with love and the memories it holds :)
    thank you for sharing it with me...

    ReplyDelete